Apple-Gouda Pigs in a Blanket
“For New Year’s, I used to make beef and cheddar pigs in a blanket, but now I like apple and Gouda for an even better flavor celebration.” —Megan Weiss, Menomonie, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls 8 ounces
- 1 small apple peeled and cut into 24 thin slices
- 6 thin slices Gouda cheese quartered
- 24 miniature smoked sausages
- Honey mustard salad dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles; cut each lengthwise into 3 thin triangles. On the wide end of each triangle, place 1 slice apple, 1 folded piece cheese and 1 sausage; roll up tightly.
- Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, point side down. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with dressing.
1 appetizer: 82 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 3g protein.