Apple-Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
“Carrots seem so simple, but this recipe is something special. Sweet and buttery, this was a favourite my mother always used to serve at holiday time.” —Darlis Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lb medium carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts toasted, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots and apple juice. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots from slow cooker; discard juices. Return carrots to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, butter and salt. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are glazed, 15-20 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.
3/4 cup: 314 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.