Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
½ head radicchio
1 endive, sliced
1 head chicory
½ head curly red lettuce
1 bunch arugula (Rocket lettuce)
75 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
120 g (4 oz) pancetta, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small yellow pepper, in thin strips
- Trim and wash lettuces. Spin dry and tear into bite-size pieces. Toss together in a salad bowl.
- In a sauté pan, fry the pancetta in the olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and pepper strips. Serve immediately.
Variation: In season, try replacing the chicory with dandelion greens!
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2154