“I’m always changing this salad up. Here I used tomato, zucchini and olives for a Greek-inspired salad. Try adding a few more favourite fresh veggies you know your family will love.” —Elizabeth Lubin, Huntington Beach, California
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and well drained
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Greek olives
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup: 310 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fibre), 11g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.