Warm Pear Salad with Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
4 Bosc pears, washed halved and cored
90 ml (6 tbsp) Ricotta cheese
180 ml (¾ cup) Blue cheese
125 ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
90 ml (6 tbsp) 35% cream
500 ml (2 cups) mixed baby greens
12 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Place pears halves, cut side down, in a Pyrex dish. Bake 10 to 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Scoop out the centre of each pear half and stuff with 125 ml (½ cup) of the Blue cheese.
- Place the remaining Blue cheese and all the Fiorella in the food processor and pulse just until blended. Add oil, vinegar and cream and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Divide greens on 4 salad plates. On each plate, arrange two pear halves and three prosciutto slices.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Tip: Bosc pears are ideal for this type of salad because they retain their shape when baked.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2235