Turkey, Bacon & Avocado Club
Who doesn’t love a clubhouse sandwich? This reboot of a classic adds gooey marble cheese and creamy avocado to three layers of pan-seared bread for a crispy finish.
Photo: Walmart Great Value Foods
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 16 pieces Great Value Farmers Marble Cheese
- 2 tsp butter softened
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 slices turkey breast cooked
- 1/2 tomato cut into 3 slices
- 1/4 avocado thinly sliced
- 4 strips Great Value bacon cooked
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- From the short edge of a 450 g cheese brick, use a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler to thinly slice 16 pieces of cheese, each about 3/4 inch wide by 3-1/2 inches long.
- Butter one side of bread slices. Lay 4 slices of cheese on 1 unbuttered side of bread. Top evenly with turkey and tomato slices. Top with another 4 slices of cheese and 1 slice of bread, buttered side up. Place in skillet and cook, covered for 6 to 8 minutes, until bottom slice of bread is golden and cheese has started to melt.
- Flip and top with 4 slices of cheese, avocado slices and bacon. Top with remaining cheese slices and bread, buttered side up. Cook covered, until bottom is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook, covered until bread is golden and cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
For a vegetarian version, omit the cooked turkey breast and bacon and prepare as directed. You can also try this sandwich with Great Value Old Cheddar Cheese. Its sharp taste makes it another perfect match for this sandwich.