Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
4 stalks celery, diced
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
50 ml (1/4 cup) flour
625 ml (2 1/2 cups) chicken stock
900 g (2 lb) ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
15 leaves fresh basil
1 jar (250 ml) roasted sweet red peppers, with liquid
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon zest, finely grated
1 clove garlic, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) flat parsley, minced
- In a covered saucepan, soften the celery in olive oil over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook 2 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon. Whisk in the chicken stock, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, uncovered. Add the roasted peppers.
- Transfer to a blender and purée, adding liquid from the peppers to thin, if necessary. Reheat and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients for the gremolata.
- Serve the soup piping hot and garnish each bowl with a spoonful of gremolata.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2362