Apple Cider for Summer
Who says apple cider is only for winter and autumn? Spice your summer up with this traditional non-alcoholic drink.
- 8 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 cups apple cider at room temperature
- 3 cups frozen raspberries mashed
- 1-1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean split
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry juice, raspberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves and vanilla bean to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a tea strainer or a sieve lined with 100% cotton cheesecloth into a large heatproof pitcher. Carefully pour in cider. Stir gently.