Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake
“While growing up, I loved treats from the ice cream truck that rolled through my neighbourhood. This ice cream cake is inspired by one of those crunchy, strawberry novelties.” —Lisa Kaminski, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|9servings||20minutes (plus freezing)||25minutes|
|9servings||20minutes (plus freezing)|
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies divided
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 5 cups strawberry ice cream softened
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping 8 ounces, thawed
- 1 package freeze-dried strawberries 1 ounce, coarsely crushed
- fresh strawberries optional
- Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream and then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and freeze-dried strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Test Kitchen tips
If you want more strawberry flavour, stir crumbled freeze-dried strawberries into your strawberry ice cream.
1 piece: 584 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fibre), 6g protein.