Number of servings : 6
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet : | Heart Health
2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 2lbs in pods)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
3 cups arugula
Kosher or sea salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1. In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 cups (1L) of water to a boil.
2. Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans.
3. Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water.
4. Drain fava beans; pinch one end and slip off skins. Discard skins.
5. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
6. In a large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper.
7. Add arugula and enough dressing to coat salad lightly.
8. Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates.
9. With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad.
10. Grind more pepper on top.