Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
60 ml (4 tbsp) lemon juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, green germ removed, minced
5 ml (1 tsp) anchovy paste
1 pinch sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) dried basil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
180 ml (¾ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
150 g (4 handfuls) fresh baby greens (mesclun)
225 g (1 cup) bowtie pasta
225 g (8 oz) yellow (wax) beans, in small pieces
½ red pepper, diced
4 green onions, chopped
4 Italian plum tomatoes, quartered
240 g (2 cups) light tuna in oil, drained
12 fresh basil leaves, snipped
8 mini Bocconcini
12 black olives, pitted
15 ml (1tbsp) capers
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing, except the olive oil. Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking constantly.
- Wash greens and spin dry. Arrange on a serving platter.
- In a pot, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving platter, separating the bowties so that they cool quickly.
- Cook the beans in boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Cook the eggs for 10 minutes in boiling water. Cool, peel, cut in quarters and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, beans, peppers, green onions and tomato quarters. Toss gently with half of the dressing.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the greens, and place egg quarters attractively around the platter. Sprinkle the tuna over the vegetables.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad and eggs. Garnish with basil, mini Bocconcini, olives and capers.
- Serve immediately. This salad is best served at room temperature.
Tip: Anchovy paste is available in tubes in most good grocery stores. To make the mini Bocconcini more flavourful, marinate them in the dressing for one hour.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2339