Spicy Chicken Pumpkin Pizza
“Think pizza and pumpkin can’t go together? This chicken pumpkin pizza will change your mind. The sweetness of the pumpkin paired with the spice of the chipotle peppers makes for a delicious, balanced sauce. I love that this recipe incorporates healthy ingredients in a fun, family-friendly way.” —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2pizzas (4 pieces each)||20minutes||15minutes/batch|
|2pizzas (4 pieces each)||20minutes|
- 2 packages frozen cauliflower pizza crust or 2 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crusts 7-1/2 ounces each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- minced fresh cilantro optional
Portions: pizzas (4 pieces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crusts on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil. Combine pumpkin, minced chipotle peppers, salt and pepper; spread over crusts. Combine chicken and salsa; spoon over pumpkin layer. Top with cheese and red onion.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
1 piece: 225 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 15g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.