Spiced Chocolate Truffles
“I make truffles for family events and gift-giving. Someone once asked me to add pumpkin spice, and now my recipe is legendary.” —Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, WI
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||45minutes + chilling||5minutes|
|2dozen||45minutes + chilling|
- 12 oz milk chocolate baking bars divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- baking cocoa
- candy eyeballs optional
- Finely chop 10 ounces chocolate; place in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, combine cream, pumpkin and spices; heat just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- Finely grate remaining chocolate; place in a small microwave-safe bowl. With hands dusted lightly with baking cocoa, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. (Mixture will be soft and truffles may flatten slightly upon standing.)
- If desired, melt unused grated chocolate in a microwave and use to attach eyeballs. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
1 truffle: 89 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.