Scrambled Egg Muffins
“After enjoying scrambled egg muffins at a local restaurant, I came up with this version that my husband likes even better. They’re pretty, hearty and fun to serve, too.” —Cathy Larkins, Marshfield, Missouri
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to freezer container; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
1 muffin: 133 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 9g protein.