Salad With Camembert-Stuffed Vine Leaves
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) white bread, cut in 1-cm / 1/2-inch cubes
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
200 g (7 oz) camembert, rind removed, cut in quarters
4 vine leaves, rinsed and dried
1 medium zucchini, diced, blanched and well drained
2 tomatoes, diced
4 sprigs oregano
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Toast the bread cubes on a baking sheet in the oven until they are golden brown and dry. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Dip the cheese pieces in the vinaigrette and place one on each vine leaf. Wrap the leaves around the cheese to make 4 closed packets. Brush the outside of each packet with vinaigrette.
- In a hot skillet, fry the stuffed vine leaves for 30 seconds on each side and remove to a hot plate.
- In a bowl, combine the croutons, zucchini, tomatoes and remaining vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad on serving plates and place a camembert packet on each one.
- Garnish with a sprig of oregano and serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2440