Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
1 large (1kg) potatoes, peeled
1 large leek, white and pale green parts, sliced thinly
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
625 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Ground cayenne pepper, to taste
430 ml (1 3/4 cups / 170 g) Swiss cheese, grated
8 slices (75 g) pancetta, cooked until crisp, and crumbled
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water. Drain and put through a ricer. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté the leek in olive oil until tender but not browned. Add the mashed potatoes and blend with a rubber spatula.
- Add enough milk to make a creamy soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add two-thirds of the cheese, heating gently and stirring until it melts.
- Pour into heated soup bowls, sprinkle with the pancetta and remaining cheese, and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2364