Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
30 g (1 oz) dried porcini mushrooms
1 onion, chopped finely
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
450g (1 lb) café mushrooms, sliced
1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
180 ml (3/4 cup) orzo, cooked al dente and drained
250 ml (1 cup / 100 g) Bella Lodi cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, cover the porcini with 250 ml (1 cup) of very hot water and soak for 15 minutes.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onions in the olive oil.
- Drain the porcini. Strain the soaking liquid through a filter and reserve.
- Pat the porcini dry, discard the tough parts of the stems and chop coarsely. Add to the onions along with the café mushrooms. Sauté until they begin to brown, adding a little olive oil, as required.
- Add the chicken stock and strained soaking liquid. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, season with salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cheese. Set aside.
- Just before serving, add the orzo to the soup and bring it back to a boil. Add a little of the hot soup to the egg-cheese mixture and whisk to blend. Pour the egg mixture into the pot, remove from heat and stir. Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2444