Number of servings :
Cooking time: 3 hours
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 kilogram chopped carrots
1 kilogram onions
4 cloves minced garlic
Salt, pepper, parsley, and dill to taste
- Place the chicken pieces in a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and skim off any foam that develops.
- Add the chopped carrots and onions, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, adding water as necessary.
- Mince the garlic and add, then season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, and dill.
- For a thicker soup, remove a cup of the vegetables, puree in a mixer or food processor, then add them back into the soup.
Variation: For extra congestion-busting power, add a few dashes of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of chopped fresh ginger to this recipe.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:430