Mini Mac & Cheese Dogs
“We wanted to get creative with hot dogs, so we made a mac-and-cheesy one. Pile on the extra cheese, relish and even bacon.” —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||25minutes + rising||15minutes + cooling|
|2dozen||25minutes + rising|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 1 package frozen bread dough dinner rolls thawed but still cold, 16 ounces, 12 count
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 1 package macaroni and cheese dinner mix 7-1/4 ounces
- Let dough stand at room temperature until soft enough to shape, 15-20 minutes. Cut each roll in half; shape each half into a 3-in.-long mini hot dog bun. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake buns until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° until golden brown, stirring once, 5-7 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese according to package directions. To serve, cut hot dogs crosswise in half. Split buns; fill with hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
1 appetizer: 198 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.