Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) green or brown dried lentils
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 sun-dried tomatoes, in strips
1 carrot, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced on an angle
1 bay leaf
3 fresh whole sage leaves
125 ml (1/2 cup) pearl barley
1 3/4 to 2 L (6 to 8 cups) water
2 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1 sprig rosemary, chopped finely
Salt and pepper to taste
45 ml (3 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
30 ml (2 tbsp) goat cheese, shaved
- Rinse lentils and pick over carefully.
- Melt butter in oil in a soup pot. Add onion, garlic, dried tomatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaf and sage. Heat slowly until vegetables are softened.
- Add lentils and barley. Stir and cover with water to 4.5 cm (2 in.) above the mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partly covered for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary. Salt, pepper and stir. Cover partly and cook another 15 minutes over medium heat. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot and pass the grated Parmesan and Caprano cheese shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2221