Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
“Some people call it dinner hour, but many of us call it rush hour. Slow down the pace with this so-simple mouthwatering ground pork meal. The only thing you’ll have left over is time to share with your family at the table.” —Brigitte Schaller, Flemington, Missouri
Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can stewed tomatoes undrained, 14-1/2 ounces
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary.
1.330 cups: 317 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fibre), 21g protein.