Italian Chicken Chardonnay
“One day I needed to have dinner ready when we walked in the door after work and school. So I altered a skillet dish that my family likes into this delicious slow-cooker meal, and it was ready and waiting when we got home. It’s perfect for an everyday meal but nice enough for company, too.” —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken breast halves skin removed
- 1/2 lb baby portobello mushrooms quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 14 oz water-packed artichoke hearts rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chardonnay
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Grated Romano cheese
- Combine the paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne; sprinkle over chicken. Place the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and artichokes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the chardonnay, tomato paste, garlic and thyme; pour over vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
1 serving: 282 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fibre), 43g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.