Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
“We love basil recipes, and these easy little pizzas are a wonderful change of pace from the classic cookout menu. Let everybody go crazy with the toppings.” —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 Italian sausage links 4 ounces each
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat until bottoms are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts 1 pizza: 808 calories, 56g fat (19g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1996mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fibre), 34g protein.