Grilled Salad Mix Recipe
Struggling to incorporate vegetables into your summer cook offs? There are plenty of BBQ recipes that can add a fresh and nutritious component to your meal. Try this grilled veggie salad.
Number of servings : 6
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
1 medium eggplant (350 g)
1 small bulb fennel (200 g), trimmed
1 medium yellow zucchini
1 medium green zucchini
½ teaspoon salt
1 small red capsicum, halved through stem end and seeded
3 roma tomatoes, halved through stem end and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram or ½ teaspoon dried
1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to medium-high heat. Slice the eggplant, fennel and zucchini lengthways into 1 cm-thick pieces. Sprinkle with half the salt. Coat with cooking spray.
- Barbecue capsicum, skin side down, until the skin is blackened and blistered, 3 to 4 minutes. Cook eggplant, fennel and zucchini on one side until grill marks are dark brown but vegetables are still very firm, about 4 minutes. Turn over and barbecue until browned and just tender, about 3 minutes for zucchini and 5 to 6 minutes longer for eggplant and fennel.
- Coat cut sides of tomatoes with cooking spray. Barbecue, cut sides down, just until light grill marks appear, 3 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, marjoram and remaining salt. Sauté 1 minute.
- Peel grilled capsicum and cut into thin strips. Cut the rest of the vegetables into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add olive oil mixture and vinegar. Toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.