Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
“I love celebrating my Greek heritage with this super simple and scrumptious Sunday dinner idea. Prep time is a breeze and the ingredient list is relatively short for such a flavourful one-dish meal. Each time I make this I’m transported back to my ya-ya, who gave me the special honour of squeezing the lemons!” —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes about 3 pounds
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into 8 wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 60-70 minutes. Serve with pan juices.
1 chicken thigh with 8 potato wedges and about 1/3 cup pan juices: 602 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1071mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 29g protein.