Ginger Plum Tart
“Sweet cravings, begone: This free-form plum tart is done in only 35 minutes. Plus, it’s extra-awesome when served warm.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8||15minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 3 tbsp coarse sugar plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll crust. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums on crust to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold crust edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded crust. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
1 piece: 190 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.