Garden-Fresh Grilled Veggie Pizza
“I have four gardens, including one just for herbs, so I always have a pretty good spread of produce. I created this loaded-up pizza as a fun summer appetizer using some of my best garden goodies.” —Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 medium tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 8 slices smoked provolone cheese divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
Test Kitchen tips
- Half of the provolone is layered under the tomatoes to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- It may seem out of the ordinary to include shredded carrot, but it adds a subtle, pleasant sweetness to the pizza.
1 slice: 395 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fibre), 16g protein.