Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
2 endives, trimmed
2 blood oranges
15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) blood orange juice
5 ml (1 tsp) balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Walnut halves, toasted to taste
- Set aside a few whole radicchio leaves and tear the remaining leaves into small pieces.
- Set aside a few whole endive leaves. Cut the rest into 2.5-cm (1-in.) pieces.
- Peel oranges, removing all the white membrane. Separate into segments (membrane removed) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, salt, pepper, orange juice and vinegar. Add the oil in a thin stream as you whisk.
- In a large bowl, toss the endive and radicchio pieces. Toss with dressing just before serving.
- To serve: Arrange the whole endive and radicchio leaves in a circular pattern on the salad plates and place tossed salad in the middle.
- Garnish with orange segments and toasted walnuts.
Tip: This colourful salad is delicious with shavings of Bella Lodi cheese or Mozzarina cheese slices.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2243