Easy Pesto Pizza
Our Test Kitchen kneaded basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese into packaged bread dough for this full-flavoured crust. Purchased pesto sauce keeps it big on taste and convenience.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough thawed, 1 pound
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Knead in 1/4 cup cheese, basil and oregano. Roll into a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Prick with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread pesto sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes longer.
1 piece: 259 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 12g protein.