Dilly Potato & Egg Salad
“Everyone has a favourite potato salad, and this is mine. As a young bride, I was eager to learn how to cook and make things that my husband would love. I combined my mom’s and his mom’s recipes, and this is the delicious result.” —Angela Leinenbach, Mechanicsville, Virginia
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes about 14, peeled and halved
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; cool completely.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Chop 4 eggs; slice remaining egg. Add chopped eggs, pickles and onion to potatoes. Mix mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper; stir gently into potato mixture.
- Top with sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
3/4 cup: 326 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 6g protein.