Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock, heated
3 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
60 ml (4 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
125 ml (1/2 cup) thick, plain yogurt
125 ml (1/2 cup) Nordic shrimp, rinsed and blotted dry
Fresh mint leaves, to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in the hot stock and continue whisking while bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Add the cucumber, stir, and return to the boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and let cool on the counter.
- Place the cooled soup in a blender with the chopped chives and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- At serving time, pour chilled soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of yogurt and some of the shrimp. Decorate with a few lengths of chives.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2453