Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
2 onions, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
2 L (8 cups / 500 g) Savoy cabbage, sliced thinly then chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
2 L (8 cups) beef stock
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 cans, 540 ml (19 oz each) cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
8 slices fine-grained country bread
Virgin olive oil, to taste
- In a soup pot, soften the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil.
- Add the cabbage, thyme, stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 11/2 hours.
- Add the beans, cover again and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Place a layer of bread in the bottom of a saucepan, and ladle some soup over it. Continue layering bread and soup, using all of both.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bring the soup slowly to a boil.
- Serve in heated bowls, drizzled with a little olive oil.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2495