Cornish Hens with Potatoes
“This special slow-cooked dinner is delicious. I serve it with green beans and French bread.” —Deborah Randall, Abbeville, Louisiana
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 Cornish game hens 20 to 24 oz each
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 large red potatoes cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown hens in oil. Place the potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the hens and bacon. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Thicken the cooking juices if desired. Sprinkle the hens with parsley.