Corn and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce
“Save room in the oven by making this savoury side in your slow cooker. It is a standby in my house. My daughter likes to add leftover ham to create a hearty main course.” —Joyce Johnson, Uniontown, Ohio
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 16 oz frozen corn thawed
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets thawed
- 4 oz reduced-fat Velveeta cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10-1/4 oz condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, broccoli and cheeses. In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Stir before serving.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.