Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 15 minutes + refrigeration
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Type of meal : | Soups | Soups
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
450 g (1 lb / 3 cups) carrots, sliced thinly
1 small sprig fresh thyme
750 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
1 orange, juiced and zest grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
60 ml (4 tbsp) thick, plain yogurt
30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, snipped
- In a saucepan, wilt the onion and garlic in the oil.
- Add the carrots, thyme and stock and cook over medium heat until the carrots are tender. Remove the thyme.
- In a blender, puree the soup and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the orange juice and zest, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- Serve the soup in chilled bowls, garnished with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of chives.