Chicken & Wild Mushroom Risotto
One of the most famous dishes from Italy, risotto takes a lot of practice and patience to make right. But this mouthwatering chicken and wild mushroom risotto recipe will prove that the hard work is worth it!
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large garlic cloves crushed
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 8 oz wild mushrooms shiitake and oyster, sliced
- 1 cup baby peas frozen
- 200 g corn kernels drained
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cut chicken into 2.5 cm cubes. Add the chicken and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until sealed all over, stirring frequently.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients, except the herbs and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat and cook gently, uncovered, for about 35 minutes, until the rice and chicken are cooked and tender and almost all the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley and serve hot, sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.