California Burger Wraps
“I love the way these fresh flavours blend together. It’s a snap to throw this together using leftover burgers for a quick, healthy lunch. The burgers can also be served on buns.” —Rachelle McCalla, Batesville, Arkansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Chopped cherry tomatoes optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Place burgers in lettuce leaves. Combine feta and Miracle Whip; spread over burgers. Top with avocado, red onion and if desired, tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
- Try this recipe with lean ground turkey or ground bison for a different twist.
- Use radicchio instead of Bibb lettuce for extra crunch.
- You can substitute mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar if you don't have Miracle Whip on hand.
2 wraps: 252 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.