Aromatic Parsnip Soup
This fragrant soup has a yogurt creaminess and subtle spicing, with a sweet undertone of apple. It’s the perfect complement for any sunny day.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4-6|| 20minutes|| 30minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4-6|| 20minutes|
- Warm the stock over a low heat. Peel the apple and the parsnips. Quarter and core the apple, then chop the apple and parsnips into chunks, and set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, and leave it to soften.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic, add it to the pan, then add the three spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the warmed stock into the pan and add the apple, parsnips, and salt. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and dry the coriander and strip off the leaves. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk. Process or blend the soup to a smooth purée, then reheat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish it with the coriander, and serve. Prepare a dish of yogurt to hand around separately for people to help themselves.