Air-Fryer Southern-Style Chicken
“I call this America’s best-loved air-fryer chicken recipe. The secret is in the herby, golden brown breading that makes the chicken super moist and flavourful.” —Elaina Morgan, Rickman, Tennessee
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers about 50
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken cut up, 3 to 4 pounds
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. In batches, place chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken and spritz with cooking spray. Cook until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, 10-20 minutes longer.
5 ounces cooked chicken: 410 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 36g protein.