White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 Jalapeño pepper minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw)
- 2 398 mL cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Tabasco® Green Sauce
- 3 cups chopped kale tough stems removed
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- You can use ground turkey or chorizo sauce instead of the ground chicken.
- You can use cooked lentils, black beans, kidney beans or chickpeas instead of the white beans.
- You can omit the meat and use additional vegetables to keep it vegetarian.
- Swap the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- Omit the dairy, if you’re looking for a vegan option.
Optional toppings: Chopped cilantro, sour cream, grated white cheddar, lime wedges, sliced avocado, corn tortilla chips.
- Make Tostadas: Tostadas are super simple! I basically just spread a little cold chili on top of a corn tortilla, top with cheese and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, pickled red onions, and dig in. More info on how to make tostadas here.
- Make Nachos: Put some of your favourite tortilla chips onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with some of the chili (it’s okay if it’s cold) and add shredded cheddar cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and gooey and the chili is hot, about 15 minutes at 350F. Serve with your favourite nacho toppings!