Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
“I used what I had in my cupboard to make this pork, and the results were fantastic! I enjoy transforming an inexpensive cut of meat to something extraordinary.” —Shelly Mitchell, Gresham, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast 3 pounds
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can unsweetened crushed pineapple 20 ounces, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar mango salsa 16 ounces
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls.
2 sliders: 422 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fibre), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.