“Flavourful marinara sauce simmers for just a few hours. Right before mealtime, toss in the shrimp to cook quickly. Serve over hot spaghetti for a delicious weeknight dish that feels dressed up.” —Sue Mackey, Jackson, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes 14-1/2 ounces, undrained
- 1 can tomato paste 6 ounces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 3/4 lb spaghetti cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 9 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on high 15-25 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
1 serving: 328 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fibre), 22g protein.