Roasted Chicken Thighs with Peppers & Potatoes
“My family loves this dish! There’s nothing better than oven baked boneless chicken thighs for dinner. It looks and tastes like you fussed, but it is really simple to make. These roasted chicken thighs use healthy olive oil and fresh herbs from my garden.” —Pattie Prescott, Manchester, New Hampshire
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lb red potatoes about 6 medium
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 2 large green peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 tsp minced fresh thyme divided
- 3 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1dried rosemary or 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme crushed, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 2 pounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut potatoes, peppers and onions into 1-in. pieces. Place vegetables in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons each thyme and rosemary and toss to coat. Place chicken over vegetables. Brush chicken with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining thyme and rosemary. Sprinkle vegetables and chicken with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and vegetables are tender, 35-40 minutes.
1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 308 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 24g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.