Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
“On a really busy day, this meal in a bowl is one of my top picks. It’s quick to put together, leaving a lot more time to relax at the table.” —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package fresh baby spinach 6 ounces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted, 45-60 seconds longer. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese.
1-1/3 cups: 372 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 31g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.