Mediterranean Cobb Salad
“I’m a huge fan of taking classic dishes and adding some flair to them. I also like to change up heavier dishes, like Cobb salad. I’ve traded out typical chicken for crunchy falafel that’s just as satisfying.” — Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10servings||1hour||5minutes per batch|
|5minutes per batch|
- 1 package falafel mix 6 ounces
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives finely chopped
- Prepare and cook falafel according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, crumble or coarsely chop falafel.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cucumber, milk, parsley and salt. In a large bowl, combine romaine and spinach; transfer to a platter. Arrange crumbled falafel and remaining ingredients over greens. Drizzle with dressing.
1 cup: 258 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fibre), 13g protein.