Lemon, Leek and Feta Quiche
This simple recipe by Chef Lynn Crawford is a delicious way to celebrate the holidays with your loved ones and show appreciation for all that they do!
Photo: Courtesy of Egg Farmers of Canada
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups leeks cleaned and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F (190⁰C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until they are wilted, about 5-7 minutes, then reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, or between two layers of plastic wrap or parchment paper, roll out the thawed puff pastry to a thickness of about 1/4 inch (5 mm). Line a shallow 9” (23 cm) pie plate and press the pastry up the sides to make a nice edge.
- Distribute leeks evenly across the bottom of the dish. Pour the cream mixture over leeks. Top the quiche with feta.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until the center is firm and the crust and top are nicely browned.
Nutrients per serving:
Fat: 41 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Trans Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 191 mg
Sodium: 625 mg
Sugars: 2 g
Fibre: 2 g
Protein: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 25 g