Number of servings :
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Type of meal : | Cookies | Cookies
Special diet :
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil
1 cup of milk
7 cups of flour
7 teaspoons of Magic Baking Powder
1 grated lemon peel
Freshly squeezed lemon juice (2-3)
Icing sugar (2 cups)
1. Mix all ingredients except for the flour.
2. When all ingredients are mixed, add flour in one cup at a time. Make sure each cup of flour is properly mixed before adding the next one.
3. As the dough gets firmer with the flour, use your hands to mix the batter.
4. You may need to add a half a cup more of flour if the dough is not firm enough.
5. Once the dough is ready, scoop out a tablespoon-worth of dough and roll it into a ball and gently press it down to flatten it. Feel free to make any shapes you like and roll the dough into any shape you prefer.
6. Place cookies on greased cookie sheet and bake at 180°C/350°F for 20 minutes.
7. Once cookies have cooled, dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and let it harden on wax paper.
8. Eat and enjoy this delicious Italian dessert.
* Quantities may vary depending on consistency of glaze. It shouldn’t be too thick to dip the cookies into, but not so runny that the layer of glaze slides off the cookies right away.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:4163