Grilled Vegetable Platter
“The best of summer in one dish! This pretty grilled vegetable recipe is meant for entertaining. Grilling brings out their natural sweetness, and the easy marinade really kicks up the grilled vegetables’ flavour.” —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 3 small carrots cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large bowl. Add vegetables; turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat until crisp-tender, 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Common olive oil works better for cooking at high heat than virgin or extra-virgin oil. These higher grades have ideal flavour for cold foods, but they smoke at lower temperatures.
- If you do not have a grilling grid, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
1 serving: 144 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fibre), 2g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.