Customize these cake balls to your liking with the flavours of your choice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||1hour||35minutes + freezing|
|35minutes + freezing|
- 1 package cake mix of your choice regular size
- 1 cup prepared frosting of your choice
- 1 package each orange, pink, blue, purple, vibrant green, black and white Wilton candy melts 12 ounces
- Decorations of your choice:
- Candy coating disks
- jumbo sprinkles
- candy-coated sunflower kernels
- candy eyeballs
- Twizzlers Rainbow Twists
- Life Savers
- coloured sugar
- assorted sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Chill cake balls until firm, at least 2 hours in freezer or at least 3 hours in refrigerator.
- In separate bowls, heat candy melts in the microwave until melted; stir until smooth. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate as desired. Let stand until set.
1 cake ball: 182 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.