Carrot Dump Cake
“Because our family adores carrot cake, I experimented to find an easy way to make it so we could enjoy it all the time. This super moist dump cake version makes my family smile when it suddenly appears on the table.” —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||10minutes||25minutes + cooling|
|25minutes + cooling|
- 1 can crushed pineapple 8 ounces
- 1 cup shredded carrots 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package spice cake mix regular size
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pineapple, carrots and walnuts; spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix; drizzle with butter.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
1 piece: 339 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.